Longford Westmeath Community Transport CLG is a not for profit organisation managed by a voluntary board of directors and acts as agents for the National Transport Authority with responsibility for managing Local Link (Rural Transport) services in Longford Westmeath Roscommon.
South Westmeath Rural Transport Association was formed in July 2002 as part of the Rural Transport Initiative, services commenced in February 2003 with 9 routes. In 2007 services were extended to cover the whole county and in 2015 Westmeath amalgamated with Longford and changed its name to Longford Westmeath Community Transport CLG. In 2019 the geographical area was extended to include Longford, Westmeath and Roscommon following a procurement process for the management of Local Link services by the National Transport Authority.
Directors of Longford Westmeath
- Tom FarrellChairperson
- Kathleen GrennanSecretary
- Sean Hannon
- Hugh FarrellHugh has worked for many years in the Health and Social Care area, in both the Statutory and Non Statutory Sector, and has a special interest in Disability issues
- Sean Farrell
- Mícheal Carrigy
- Mae Sexton
- Charles Harrison
- Bernie HcHughForoige - Youth Sector
- Ben LynnCommunity Rep : Tang Muintir Community Council
- Áine McFaddenPublic Health Nurse HSE covering Longford Westmeath based in primary care Athlone
- Patrick McGleenanPatrick is a Chartered Accountant & Member of the UK Association of Corporate Treasurers who has been in General Practice covering the greater Dublin & Midlands regions from his base in Moate, Co.Westmeath since 2004, having previously been a Merchant Banker in the City of London. In the community & voluntary sectors he has acted as a founder member of South Westmeath Rural Transport (the forerunner Co to LWRT) & Ballymore Community Childcare.
He represents the Ballymore, Boher, Killare & Moyvoughley areas for the Co.
- Maura SheridanRepresents the Community Sector in Granard Co. Longford
- Rita SmythRepresents all communities/groups in the North Westmeath area